Unknown well

Users who are viewing this thread

RoB B

Reaction score
Hello,

I've attached a picture of what I'm dealing with.

In researching this tonight it looks like I have a single Pipe deep well.

I'm in central Florida and I'm sure they did this so they didn't get "stinky" water.

The issue I have is I just ordered a Red Lion RLSP-200 pump thinking I would drop a new well. I've dropped 2 wells on my own in this area with a simple shallow well pump.

The house I'm in now has this well but no pump. So I have no idea what pump to purchase to match what's in the ground. (From what I've read the pump needs to match whats in the pipe)

So my question is, can I user my shallow pump with the deep well parts in place?

And if i can not how do I match a new pump to what's in the pipe?

Thank you,
Rob

Attachments

• Well.jpg
    Well.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 205

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You will need a deep well jet pump or a convertible jet pump to have connections for the two pipes. The jet in the bottom on the packer has to match the pump size. You can either try it or pull it up to inspect it.

RoB B

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice.

If I get a convertible pump and keep it as a one line pump could i use it and not pull the assembly inside the pipe?

Ive removed the 3 bolts holding the assembly to the pipe and it seems like it's going to be a real bear to get up and out of the pipe.

Again thank you for help...

Rob

RoB B

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I have the assembly out of the pipe. its a total length of about 40 feet.

What would be my best option and NOT putting that 40 feet of iron pipe back down the pipe.

At this point can I use 40 feet of pvc and use a convertible pump?

Thank you for any and all help.

Reach4

Reaction score
If I get a convertible pump and keep it as a one line pump could i use it and not pull the assembly inside the pipe?
A one pipe shallow well pump cannot suck water reliably up more than 25 ft.

RoB B

Reaction score
Hello again,

I completely understand the limitations on a shallow pump.

I was asking about other options. While I've tried doing all of my homework on this I readily admit I'm no expert.

But I've attached 2 more pictures that show what was down in the well.

How can I tell which pump I need now that I have everything out.

BTW engine hoists work great on getting the pipe out.. :-D

Attachments

• IMG_20180522_182630.jpg
    IMG_20180522_182630.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20180522_182641.jpg
    IMG_20180522_182641.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 182

RoB B

Reaction score
Well I suppose I came to the wrong site.

Thank you for what little bit was replied too.

RoB B

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4....

That's the information I was looking for .

Now I ask. It looks like each injector is pump and hp specific .

I also looked up submersible pumps and it doesn't look like they make a 2 inch submersible pump.

If I buy a convertible pump can I use the injector from the convertible pump in my assembly?

It looks like the market is small for 2 inch deep well pipes.

Thank you again.

Reach4

Reaction score
Now I ask. It looks like each injector is pump and hp specific .

I also looked up submersible pumps and it doesn't look like they make a 2 inch submersible pump.
It would be nice if a 2 inch pump suitable for a home well was available. It is not.

I imagine that some mixing could go on, but I don't know how you would find the documentation.

If I buy a convertible pump can I use the injector from the convertible pump in my assembly?
I am not sure I understand the question. I think you are asking if you could use that piece down the hole, and I am pretty sure the answer would be no.

It looks like the market is small for 2 inch deep well pipes.
The stores sell and often stock the items. I have seen the items in a store, but I have never actually seen a two inch well myself. Some of the jet kits have more than one orifice to choose from. If you could try one jet/orifice and then anther, I expect you could make cross branding work.

I wonder how much a new 4 or 5 inch PVC-lined well would cost there. Submersible pumps are less drama-- no priming, no vacuum leak sensitivity, and super quiet. There are some nice submersibles for 3 inch PVC wells. Maybe even steel.

The issue I have is I just ordered a Red Lion RLSP-200 pump thinking I would drop a new well.
You would need a deep well jet pump or a convertible pump. I am pretty sure that that irrigation pump that you ordered would not be suitable.

RoB B

Reaction score
It would be nice if a 2 inch pump suitable for a home well was available. It is not.

I imagine that some mixing could go on, but I don't know how you would find the documentation.

I am not sure I understand the question. I think you are asking if you could use that piece down the hole, and I am pretty sure the answer would be no.

The stores sell and often stock the items. I have seen the items in a store, but I have never actually seen a two inch well myself. Some of the jet kits have more than one orifice to choose from. If you could try one jet/orifice and then anther, I expect you could make cross branding work.

I wonder how much a new 4 or 5 inch PVC-lined well would cost there. Submersible pumps are less drama-- no priming, no vacuum leak sensitivity, and super quiet. There are some nice submersibles for 3 inch PVC wells. Maybe even steel.

You would need a deep well jet pump or a convertible pump. I am pretty sure that that irrigation pump that you ordered would not be suitable.

Thank you again Reach4.

I'm online looking for pump and injector parts now. (Id like to get a quality pump and I don't see good reviews on the Flotec plastic models.

BTW this is just for irrigation. 6-8 sprinkler heads per zone.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you don't get a response on this thread, consider a new thread titled maybe
Please suggest packer and pump for my 2 inch 60 ft well in Florida?

Or some other thing. The reason I suggest mentioning Florida, that would let the person know that a pump that mounted atop the casing would work for you; freezing is not a problem.

RoB B

Reaction score
Than
If you don't get a response on this thread, consider a new thread titled maybe
Please suggest packer and pump for my 2 inch 60 ft well in Florida?

Or some other thing. The reason I suggest mentioning Florida, that would let the person know that a pump that mounted atop the casing would work for you; freezing is not a problem.

Thanks again Reach4.

I just checked the water depth and its 20 feet down from the top of my pipe. Much lower then I expected.

Reach4

Reaction score
http://www.berkeleypumps.com/resources/images/10577.pdf

It looks like some of these kits come with more than one jet and more than one venturi. The lit from a maker shows combinations for various of their pumps. However I expect they could be used with other pumps, but it might take some guessing or experimentation to get the best combo.

Some combos will give better volume, and others will give better pressure from a given pump, from what I have read in the past.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks