Type of pipe connecting to pressure tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

lhgrappler

Reaction score
We are doing a complete gut and reno on our house, including upgrading our pressure tank.
The current setup has cpvc going to the pressure tank. In a lot of the videos I've seen, people seem to use a brass or stainless steel tee coming out from underneath with everything attached to it. In all the reviews for these pressure tank tees people complain about poor quality and leaks. I have seen diagrams that seem to more closely resemble what we have (attached). Can I just use cpvc direct to the tank like the previous people did? Also, the pressure switch & power box look newer, can I just reuse those? They did not have a pressure relief valve, but I do plan on adding one.

1705452607231.jpeg
1705453422612.png

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Well you do need an upgrade, but you are watching the wrong videos. Large pressure tanks are no longer the best way to go. Upgrade to a PK1A kit and get strong constant pressure in the shower with a lot of other advantages, including a much longer pump life. The 4.5 gallon size tank is all you need, which will fit on the wall, saving floor space for other things as needed. You won't need a tank cross with the PK1A and it comes with a pressure reducing valve also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks