Tying Sewage Ejector Pump Pipe to Horizonal stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Wes P

Reaction score
Hello, I have installed a Everbilt sewage ejector basin system in my crawlspace and I have a few questions.
1. I am planning to tie the ejector pipe into a double wye, where one side is the shower drain, other side is the ejector pipe, and the straight through is the vent. Should I long sweep directly into the double wye or should I go just above the wye and drop down into the wye? See photo below
eYVRnU8
1rTceTg

https://imgur.com/1rTceTg
https://imgur.com/eYVRnU8
2. Where the heck does the check valve go? My ejector pipe goes up 3ft, over 4ft, up 7ft, then ties to the horizontal sewer(stack?)

My old basin that serviced only a washing machine had a vertical check valve as high up as possible and a p trap after that, but I am not sure that was done correctly. My new basin services washer, lav, bath, and toilet.

Thank You so much for your help

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
tie pump to the horizontal waste line by dumping into top (a wye on back with branch pointing up). Not on its side! check valve goes in the vertical coming off pump

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I like to install a check valve on the horizontal when I have an option only because of the head pressure placed against the flapper causes undo stress on the pump

Also when servicing a check a lot of installers do not install a valve above the check so when disassembling a 4 check for example vertical waste /soil line is full and makes a mess of the work site

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like to install a check valve on the horizontal when I have an option only because of the head pressure placed against the flapper causes undo stress on the pump

Also when servicing a check a lot of installers do not install a valve above the check so when disassembling a 4 check for example vertical waste /soil line is full and makes a mess of the work site

service valve I always put on What about putting the check up higher reducing head pressure?
I always thought a little head better than none.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks