Two inch vent or one and a half vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

raftman

Reaction score
Hi. I am putting in a toilet in my basement with a sink. A washer is already there that drains into the pit. Do i have to change my one and a half vent to a 2 inch vent. I had a estimate and the licensed plumber said that he could take the one and a half vent out that is in my sewage pit in the basement floor, and put in a 2 inch vent and run it up to the existing one and a half and that would be good enough. He said this because if he was to replace all of the one and a half and put in two i would have to tear up my bathroom to get to the other one and a half pvc pipes that is behind the wall. My question is. Would this be ok to do?

Thanks, Raftman

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Got a question?
Such as is it strictly to code?
Will it work fine?
Would you do that or accept that as a customer?
Would you point it out?

IMO: No. Yes. Yes. No.
I am not a pro. I have a friend who's plumber did this. You cannot tell from the basement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks