tub to shower conversion, need input on vent

Users who are viewing this thread

rracraa

Reaction score
I can't find my original post on here so I apologize for a repost if it shows up.

Im in AZ which goes by IPC? We're doing a bath tub to shower remodel. The drain needs to be moved over a few inches and changed to 2". I'm looking for some input on this situation as we've had a few plumbers come out for estimates and a couple mentioned the vent could be an issue and insist on installing a studor vent from the shower p trap and up into a wall. Could this really be necessary? Im very confused with this and need some help figuring out which way to go.

The house is built in 2006 on post tension with a box cut out for the plumbing with gravel and dirt fill. We dug down and uncovered a 2" p trap and as a part of other demo found the vent coming up next to the double sink on an exterior wall. Im not sure the correct way to measure but from the p trap to the sill plate is 79"

More pictures here

tempImagegw1UMg.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks