Need an opinion on this P Trap and troubleshooting a venting issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakesktm

Reaction score
This is the existing P trap under my shower/tub. I had a small drain box to work in and I manufactured my own trap.

The problem I am having is when the toilet flushes I can hear it loud and clear through the tub overflow. This tells me the water is either being siphoned out of the trap due to a vent blockage, or.... the trap is going dry for other reasons such as leaking or leeching.

I had a plumber out and he thinks the trap isn't functioning and wants to go into the wall and look at the P/drain assembly.

I would rather check the vent first to make sure there is no blockage that would cause siphoning.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot this without expensive equipment or tearing out a wall?
IMG_0439(resized).jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks