Trying to match an old American Standard lav faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

SouthPaw

Reaction score
First post here!

I'm having to replace an old 1950's American Standard RE-NU lav faucet that I've been trying to salvage all week. I really hate having to replace it because I love the look of this faucet and it's the style used in both of my bathrooms.

I'm trying to find another faucet that looks similar to my old one:
re-nu.jpg

I cannot find one that has the same hexagon art-deco style from the big makers (Delta, American Standard, Moen, Price Pfister, etc.)

Has anyone heard of Porcher Faucets? Are they part of American Standard? They have one that is a close match:
imgLarge1192.jpg

or Pegasus Faucets?
product_shots813-647.jpg

This one is also a close match, but I've never heard of them. Are they cheap Fong Long Wong faucets I should steer clear of?

EDIT: I think the Pegasus faucet above is made by Danze Faucets and distributed by Home Depot EXPO centers. I also found this Danze faucet which is the best match to my original faucet:

getimage.php

Are Danze faucets any good?

Does anyone know of a good faucet that resembles my original American Standard RE-NU style faucet above?

Thanks for any info!

SouthPaw

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Pegasus is a proprietary BRAND of Home Depot. A given model could be made by anyone. The problem with brands like this, or Danze for that matter, is where will they be 10 or 20 years from now when you need parts?

Porcher is a brand of American Standard company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks