Trying to decide between Fleck 5600SXT and 7000SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

firelikeiya

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a residential water softener. A friend of mine recommended Ohio Pure Water as a place to purchase. I filled out their online questionnaire and they came back recommending a Fleck 5600SXT 40k. I have a 3.75 bathroom house with 2 adults and 4 children. 1" plumbing going to 2 water heaters (1 for each side of the house). When I filled out their online questionnaire, the max water flow rate I recorded was 5.6gpm from a bath tube faucet. The 5600SXT can apparently handle this no problem but the fact that my house plumbing T's off through 2 separate water heaters makes me think that it should be accounted for in some way. Would a 7000 series be a better fit for my household? If I order from them it would apparently be the same tank just different heads so I don't know how that affects flow through a softener.

Also, here is a link to my water supply confidence report: http://www.chcid.org/WaterQual/2014CCRAnnualReport.pdf

I have access to a water lab at work and tested Ph and hardness there. I was getting 7 for the Ph and 150 for total hardness. The confidence report shows a Ph around 8 and a hardness level around 180.

Thank you!