Trouble fixing shrub riser

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Joe Kenney, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Joe Kenney

Joe Kenney New Member

Hi, I can't figure out how to fix this. The head popped off this metal shrub riser, and I can't get the riser off. Even got an extractor tool but it won't budge. So I thought I would try a new head for it. Nothing works! As you can see from the photo, I only have half an inch to screw on a new head. I also attached some photos of a riser that hasn't broken. Any advice? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ImOld

ImOld Octogenerian

All I see is soldered copper. Pipe to adapter for plastic shrub head. Doesn't look broken and 1/2" of thread should be enough. Extractor for what?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Joe Kenney

Joe Kenney New Member

Thanks! I've never had to replace one of these...I got an extractor for the entire pipe, but I couldn't loosen it. I didn't realize there were adapters...everything at Home Depot and Lowes was plastic. Thanks again!