Triangle Tube Solo 110 venturi horn noise on start up

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by boulderbri, Dec 6, 2014.

1. boulderbri

boulderbri New Member

Hi everyone. I have a Triangle Tube Solo 110. It is about 5 years old. When it starts up, I hear a horn-like noise for about 15 seconds, then it stops when it ignites. I pulled the PVC off and the noise pitch changes and if I put a few fingers over the venturi, it muffles the noise. The fan appears to be spinning fine and it spins with no horn noise. Before and after the noise, I can still feel air being pulled in.

Any ideas? I've come across some posts where people have had a cracked venturi. Or a dirty venturi? Could that do it?

TIA!

2. Gebavi

Gebavi New Member

Hello boulderbri - I installed the same system in my in Crested Butte and am having the same problem. In my system it sounds like a foghorn. Did you every resolve this issue?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Leon82

Leon82 Member

It is almost always usually a mixture problem you need to have someone adjust the mixture with an analyzer.

5. Leon82

Leon82 Member

It possibly could be related to vent length you can try and extend it and see how it sounds

6. hiperco

hiperco Member

I had a similar issue (but on a completely different unit, a Trianco Heatmaker). It turned out to be a bad gas valve, it wasn't providing the proper pressure and therefore the burner wasn't operating properly, and made a honking noise during ignition. It resulted in numerous sleepless nights before it was repaired.