Toto Neorest 500 disassembly for cleaning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Margaret Manning

Reaction score
We have had our Neorest 500 for more than a decade and love it so much that we're going to get another for a new powder room. Right now, though, I'm trying to figure out how I might take the top half off for cleaning. I always found the "works" (the wand, the air filter, etc.) under the seatback hard to clean, but after a horrid backup disaster I am really unable to get the area clean. I am unable to get on my knees and the unit is in a somewhat tight space. I am getting so frustrated that I was considering buying a new seat (Washlet) if there's one that would fit. Is that possible? I see on the toilet plate that the bowl unit and washlet unit are separately identified. Given the expense of the new powder room looming, I would prefer taking the top unit off and trying to get it back to spotless.

neo_500a_top.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks