Toto Drake Whooosh

Users who are viewing this thread

JJLJr

Reaction score
I installed the Toto Drake over the weekend and I like the toilet except for the noise when it flushes. It's much louder when it's flushed than either of my older toilets. I'm talking specifically about the whoosh when flushed. It fills up quietly. My wife has already said she won't use the toilet at night because of the sound. I was thinking of replacing my main toilet with the Drake but I don't think I could take that loud flush. Is the the loud flush due to the reduced amount of water in the new toilets? Are all toilets like this? Is is possible that I got a bad toilet?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Loud is subjective. Compare it to a pressure assisted toilet, and it's a whisper. Compared to many old, 5+ gallon toilets, and it's probably noisier than some. To be able to flush large amounts of crud down with a little bit of water, it has to move fast. All toilets burp a little at the end when the suction is broken. After a week or so of use, you probably won't notice at all, and some people never would. Now, on a comparative scale, I really can't comment. The two I put in my mother's house don't bother me or her if it gets flushed at night, but I'm not there very often. I've got a Vespin and a Carlyle in my place, but it's rare there's someone else here that would flush, but it hasn't bothered me when it did happen.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, all of the good low volume ones are quite noisy when they flush, even the Cadet 3.

I would check one thing that would make it even noisier however.

Make sure your fill tube is directed down the overflow tube. Else you may be siphoning the trap every time you flush without refilling it properly as the tank fills.

Which makes even more sound and a splash to boot the next time you flush.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks