Toto Drake issue- Don't be late for school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeffco

Reaction score
My Toto sounds like a school bell when you press down on the handle. It flushes and cycles fine otherwise. It's 9 years old and has had a new factory fill valve replaced last year. o_O

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is the shutoff open at the wall? I open all the way and then back it in a bit. I like the handle to look on the vertical.
Sometimes if the shutoff is closed down too far, a loose washer can make unwanted noise.

Jeffco

Reaction score
Is the shutoff open at the wall? I open all the way and then back it in a bit. I like the handle to look on the vertical.
Sometimes if the shutoff is closed down too far, a loose washer can make unwanted noise.

I believe it's a ball valve,...a quick half turn opens and closes it. Can it be set to back in a bit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks