Toto Aquia Dual Flush Two-Piece Toilet problem with rough-in kit

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by joe the hockey player, Dec 28, 2019.

1. joe the hockey player

joe the hockey player New Member

I just finished in one bathroom installing a DXV toilet had tried to use a wax seal with flange won't fit so put a 1 inch wax seal with no flange and work . Went to do second bathroom toilet and when I open the box for the TOTO got a surprise Never saw a rough-in kit.now I have problems the wax seal is 1 inch and I have about 1/4 inch space for the seal. The front of the rough in does not touch the ground so the back is angled down about a 1/4 of a inch What to do I think of returning before I drill 6 holes in the ceramic for the brackets. There are pictures of my problem.
    Thanks all

Attached Files:

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    If you get the adapter centered over the toilet flange, when you press it down into the wax, the wax should conform and make a seal. This time of year, you don't want to be taking it out of a cold car and trying it, as the wax will be very hard, but at normal room temperature, it should work.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

That top view photo of your Ipex 027582 closet flange looks a bit restricted. Is the hole a full 3 inches ID, or maybe is a piece of some old wax ring horn or something making the hole smaller? Is that where the interference happens? If you don't know where the interference happens, you could put a rope-like piece of wax, or some such, across the potential interference spots and press the adapter down. You can lop off a piece of wax, and roll it into a rope shape.

Then cut away the obstruction. Your pipe may be extending too high, or there may be that old residual piece that can be removed.

[​IMG]
    Your title says Toto Aquia and the text says dvx. I have not used either.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  5. joe the hockey player

it is 3 inch but its not rounded at the edge like other models nothing inside its new.when i put the wax it will give me that clearence .im going to raise the rear 1/4 inch or the water will stay in the rough in.

6. joe the hockey player

the rear will be a little angled 1/4 inch. should i put a spacer there or leave it.if its angled there will be a is little water staying in the back

7. joe the hockey player

it worked thanks

Attached Files: