Toilets Of Terror Resolved!

Users who are viewing this thread

RICHARD WARREN

Reaction score
:mad: After going thru un-godly (in personal home) toilet use and research,I finally found a brand of toilet I can be happy with........St. Thomas Creations!
I bought my 1979 house in 2000 and used the (3) existing toilets from the previous owners and the units are as follows: 1979 style low boy type American Standards in the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms (to dog-on low for my liking...as I am 6"5" tall!) and a huge tanked pot that worked well! (I can't re-call the brand name). I used these units for about 3 years and then decided it was time to up-grade.

:confused: So being the toilet challenged sap that I was at the time I strolled into Lowe's and saw a really tall (ADA height I found out later) toilet I just had to have for the up-stairs..........A Crane plumbing toilet!

I got it home and began to install it and everthing looked great until I installed the toilet seat. It was a cock-eyed angled fit on top and when I sat on the seat it tended to slip off to one side! The (non level bowl) was never manufactured correctly. Got rid of that pot a year later! Next I purchased the worst yet! I went down to Expo design center and purchased (2) 1 pc. Pegasus units (about $250 ea.)......(very good looking but probably the worst flushing toilet ever made). Used those about a year.

I then decided to replace all 3 toilets in the house but was not going to do so until a little internet and salesman recommendations research was done.
After realizing that the people I encountered at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Expo did'nt really know what they were talking about, I went over to Pacific Sales and Trusted their advice and experience from customer satisfaction.
I knew and heard that Toto was the one everybody was talking about but were back-ordered at the time from Pacific Sales and the styling was'nt quite what I had in mind.

After all the toilet performance and quality issues I had put up with I decided to purchase 1 St. Thomas Creations Palermo (about $300) unit in the extra bathroom up-stairs...........GLAD I DID! Everthing went well on installation and the Quattro (3") flush valve system worked great.(NOTE: Really flushes well if you raise the adjustable float valve to bring the water level about 3/8" above the water line in the tank.)

After the success of the Palermo, I went down to Pacific Sales and bought (2) St. Thomas Arlington II's (A little classier than the Palermo but has the same flushing technology) (about $430 ea.) and had identical success!

:) At last the battle is over.............(at least for the time being!)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks