Toilet stopped flushing

Users who are viewing this thread

ugreebo

Reaction score
I just replaced the supply valve for the toilet. Everything worked fine for about two weeks. Yesterday, the toilet stopped flushing. I disconnected the supply line from the valve, turned the valve back on and no water is coming out. It's a compression fitting type valve, 1/4 turn.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Do you have a Watts Floodsafe supply line?

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well it was not agood idea and they are junk.
Replace it or put up with it's false trips forever.

These was a brilliant idea of a marketing genius who subscribed to the build it and it will sell theory of marketing.

The engineers wondered why anyone would need one as it is a valve to save the day if a "no-burst" hose ever bursts but went on and accomplished the task they were assigned.

To reset it with the valve off, loosen the connection at the stop valve to bleed off the pressure then retighten the connection and turn on the water. Slowly! Don't be surprised if you have to do this often.

Personally I'd replace it!

ugreebo

Reaction score
Thanks

Just wanted to say thankyou to Redwood. I tried your advice for re-setting the supply line and it worked. Then I returned it to Home Depot and purchased a "regular" supply line. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Well it was not agood idea and they are junk.
Replace it or put up with it's false trips forever.

These was a brilliant idea of a marketing genius who subscribed to the build it and it will sell theory of marketing.

The engineers wondered why anyone would need one as it is a valve to save the day if a "no-burst" hose ever bursts but went on and accomplished the task they were assigned.

To reset it with the valve off, loosen the connection at the stop valve to bleed off the pressure then retighten the connection and turn on the water. Slowly! Don't be surprised if you have to do this often.

Personally I'd replace it!

Hi Redwood,
I actually bought 2 of these for my washing machine supplies a few months ago, and I must be very, very lucky! I've turned the water off a few times, bled some lines, and of course air travels through the pipes to places untold, right?

So I've heard my toilets 'explode' when air hits their location upon turning the water on, but so far it hasn't affected the washing machine. Probably because of its location at the lowest point in the plumbing chain?

In any case, I hear ya............

HE

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Who knows...
I went several rounds with a condo association that thought it would be a great idea to require their installation in order to lessen the possibility of water damage...

The problem was that they had high water pressure above 80 PSI. and the additional flow made them trip.

Once installed no one could get their washers to work...

They were not willing to istal a PRV (Pressure Teducing Valve) and they were not willing to back down on requiring the flood safe washer hoses...

I predict the board members up for election will have problems getting reelected...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks