Toilet safety frame that fits Toto Drake 2021 washlet+

Users who are viewing this thread

Mart

Reaction score
I’m looking to install a toilet frame with hand/stability rails for one of my Toto Drake 2021 washlet+ ready toilets fitted with SS124 seat, which has the deeper mounting plate to hide the as yet unused washlet bidet holes.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to which make/model/style would work best, including those with free standing safety frames that sit above the toilet and are not physically mounted to it, and those that use existing seat mounting holes for the stabilizing bar that runs laterally across the toilet between the seat and the tank. Not sure about space at plate and behind seat in lifted position, alignment with seat holes, and stability in use with body weight (170 lbs). Thoughts?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The ones that don't attach to the bowl seem pretty rickety to me. But I don't have a lot of experience with them. Just a recent client whose didn't attach and that didn't look good to me.

Mart

Reaction score
The ones that don't attach to the bowl seem pretty rickety to me. But I don't have a lot of experience with them. Just a recent client whose didn't attach and that didn't look good to me.
Thanks for that. Probably not an issue for many, but am hoping to install a cross-toilet one with screwed-in stablizer bare that fits between the seat plate and tank, with or without a washlet bidet installed using the same seat holes. An odd request, no doubt.

Reach4

Reaction score
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-a-kohler-wellworth-in-california.98034/ has some discussions that you might find useful.

If some elevation of the seat would be OK, a commode seat might be good. Medicare will pay for that generally. They have a bucket-like thing in the middle, but when putting over a toilet, you use the one a little like a short bucket with no bottom. When somebody would like to use the toilet without that, they are light enough to easily lift and set to the side -- perhaps in the tub.

https://www.drivemedical.com/us/en/Products/Commodes/c/Commodes

Last edited:

Mart

Reaction score
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-a-kohler-wellworth-in-california.98034/ has some discussions that you might find useful.

If some elevation of the seat would be OK, a commode seat might be good. Medicare will pay for that generally. They have a bucket-like thing in the middle, but when putting over a toilet, you use the one a little like a short bucket with no bottom. When somebody would like to use the toilet without that, they are light enough to easily lift and set to the side -- perhaps in the tub.

https://www.drivemedical.com/us/en/Products/Commodes/c/Commodes
Good potential solution, thanks. Though I’m hoping to get a stablizer that doesn’t have to be moved in and out of the way for different users with different needs. Appreciate the tip, all the same.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The spacing for the seat attachments are the same as for all seats.
The SS124 with the wide back portion would sit above the flat connector for a standard hand rail setup.
Pretty much all of them should work.

Mart

Reaction score
The SS124 with the wide back portion would sit above the flat connector for a standard hand rail setup.
Perfect. So helpful, Terry. As an aside, do you know if those lateral support brace tends to mar the porcelain?

Mart

Reaction score
Sadly, the delivery/install guy from the home support supplies who delivered and setup other mobility aides was unsuccessful in trying to install two different such toilet support frames that would supposedly fit any standard elongated toilet. He told my wife that they wouldn’t align with the holes for the seat plate on the toilet, with or without the rubber compression inserts with female screw threads inside that are used to secure the Toto seat on our Drake 2021 washlet+ ready toilet. So it looks like we’re going to have to settle for a fully detached over-the-toilet safety frame.

Maybe he just did it wrong, or maybe I‘m not clear on what you were suggesting, Terry. Are you saying the seat mounting holes on any new Drake washlet+ (which also have the hole for the bidet seat tubes) are the same distance apart and between the seat and the tank as any standard brand toilet? In which case, our Drake still requires the rubber compression inserts to be screwed into those holes for then mounting the seat plate and seat. Guess I’m just a bit confused.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks