Toilet bowl drains completely

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob C

Reaction score
This morning one of my toilets started acting strangely. When flushed, all of the water drains out even after the tank has refilled itself. The water drains out until it starts sucking air at the bottom of the bowl and stays with very little water remaining.

Is this a vent issue? Why would it just start all of a sudden?

Thanks for any advise!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this a vent issue? Why would it just start all of a sudden?
Open the lid, and make sure the refill hose from the fill valve is still putting water down the overflow during the refill time.

Bob C

Reaction score
Well, I worked on the toilet with a plunger a few times and that seems to have resolved it. The water level in the bowl is now normal! I never realized that a clog could cause MORE water to drain out instead of Less. Lesson learned!!

Reach4

Reaction score
I am glad it is working. Maybe the clogged bowl is still siphoning before the fill finishes.

With a good modern toilet, the need for a plunger is rare. If you are using a plunger more than once per year, it's probably time for a new toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks