Theremocouple Installation Question

Users who are viewing this thread

gustavovgarcia

Reaction score
Just replaced a thermocouple using a Honeywell standard Thermocouple for a Genesis boiler and everything seems to be working fine. My concern is that I see a flame both at the end of the thermocouple and the base of the thermocouple.

I own a three family and thus have three boilers one of which the thermocouple was replaced a few months ago by a plumber and the same exact same situation is happening on that boiler. Thus I assume it is ok or the plumber would not have left it that way.

On the boiler where the thermocouple has not been changed, I only see a flame at the end of the thermocouple.

Should I be concerned?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flame

Without seein it we cannot tell what is happening, but a flame at any location other than the tip of the thermocouple will burn it out, or cause it to malfunction. You may have gas leak at the pilot burner or a plugged pilot burner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks