The Most Time-Consuming Remodeling You Ever Embarked Upon

Users who are viewing this thread

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
redo an entire house, top to bottom. 3 years ;) Finished last summer (for the most part, lol )

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Generally, ANY remodeling project you do on your own house. Its the "cobbler's kids do not have shoes" syndrome. The question should be "what is the most time consuming remodel you have done and are still married?", because many marriages do NOT survive a lengthy remodel.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"what is the most time consuming remodel you have done and are still married?"

That's a good question. Makes me laugh.

In the 90's I was doing work on "our" home. After doing about $90,000 worth of improvements to the home, I was told that from now on I wouldn't get a say on what projects I would be working on and paying for. It was too stressful for her to discuss what I was going to do for her. I decided the "job" was no longer worth the reward.

More than ten years later, I now find myself doing home improvements for my GF, and she thinks I'm wonderful. The biggest problem, is that I now have two homes to improve. Hers and mine.
But I'm having fun doing it.

Hotbacon

Reaction score
Finishing our basement (1,000 square feet, 6 rooms)...so far about 2 years. But only have the stair railing left to do. If only the kids' nap time was all day...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks