Temp Washer hookup help

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by plumber69, Aug 7, 2020.

1. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

need to get a 2" abs wye below this sink drain. Only got about 5" of 2" copper between the 45s. Cutting the cabinet base is not a problem. For a washer machine. Any Ideas

Attached Files:

2. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

cut the base remove 45 put your wye in on the verticle youll have to deal with the p trap stand pipe and vent. a lot of work for a temp?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  5. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

There is no saddle adapter

6. fitter30

fitter30 Active Member

Retired service tech
    Washer will need a high drain at least to top of tub or else tub won't fill all the way.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  7. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

Didnt ever know that so a low box could cause a problem?
    Plumber69 try to be more specific a temp hook up to me might be running hose in sink. or jury rigging something into the existing 1 1/2 trap / trap arm A few weeks few monthes? I have no problem with a little slop on a temp basis as long as I feel its safe . especialy my own place But if this is long term thats another story