Tankless Water Heater Sometimes Loses Hot Water for 1-2 Min

Users who are viewing this thread

Astroguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a Takagi tankless water heater. Occasionally (especially now that it has turned warmer) I will notice the water turning suddenly cold in our bathroom faucet. This normally happens after 10 min or so of water running, but not every day. If I turn the other bathroom faucet on it will normally come back in 1-2 min.

Only rarely do I notice this on other faucets. Any ideas on how to fix this? When bathing our new baby the sudden cold water is not pleasant for anyone!

Thanks,
Michael

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Try increasing the flow or lowering the programmed output temperature of the Takagi.

With warmer seasonal incoming temperatures it takes less 120-140F water to mix down to a more reasonable 105F temperature at the tap. When the flow through the water heater drops below ~0.5 gpm it turns off the burner. With a lower output temperature, say 110-115F (still hot enough for a tub fill) there will be marginally more water flowing through the water heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks