Tankless going cold in the shower

Users who are viewing this thread

erblo

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if you all can help me.

I'm in a new house 2 years old with a tankless Rinnai v75 tankless water heater. We just had a Kinetico 2030s water softener installed and now we are having trouble with the water heater. When running the shower, I have hot water for about 3-4 minutes before it goes ice cold. If I press the button to recirculate, I get about 3-4 minutes of hot water again, then it goes ice cold.

Any ideas here? I'm not sure if this is related to the softener or if it's a coincidence. What should I investigate for this? Thank you for your help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on how cool you like your shower, if you have a low flow head, you may be on the edge of the minimum flow rate, and the tankless no longer thinks you’re using hot water. The recirculating pump increases the flow, but may cycle, and when it shuts off, you return to the same situation. Just a thought...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks