tankless and point of use unit for diving application

Users who are viewing this thread

comdiver

Reaction score
I am a commercial diver looking to install hot water delivery system in a compact electrical way on my boat to to supply hot water while working in a body of water ex: river - If I install a tankless unit with a pump to feed water to inlet what is the flow rate needed for delivery to inlet side? I will then feed a 7 gallon point of use from the tankless. The point of use will then go through a hose to deliver hot water to me while in sometimes very cold water working for sometimes an extended amount of time. The tankless should supply endless hot water to the 7 gallon "reserve" point of use tank that will deliver hot water. Any specs for delivery pressures to either tank? Any pros want to jump in and give me feed back? Go!

cbytes

Reaction score
First off I would use a LP (propane) tankless unit and hook up a 100# bottle to it and use a boiler feed pump (120 volt) (you might find a 12 volt pump to supply .5 gallons per minute it needs at an RV store) to get flow to it, making sure inlet is filtered against debris. Hot water supply will only be endless until power fails or propane runs out.

Second watch all the episodes of Bering Sea Gold, they have already designed the diver hot water systems.
Third if you strike it rich, don't forget us little guys.
Fourth, if you ever need a deck hand for fame and fortune, I am a 6 year US Navy Nuclear Engineer, they called me "The Designer".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks