Tank Tee Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by regent, May 20, 2011.

  1. regent

    regent New Member

    May 20, 2011
    The bladder in my water tank went bad so the tank needs to be replaced. The original tank was installed without a tee. The builder’s plumber used a combination of pvc tees and pipe to make a tank tee. I can not reuse any of the material because it is all glued in place. I purchased a pvc tank tee to use on the replacement tank. My problem is what type of connection do I use on the supply ends of the tee? They are all 1” male and I need to adapt to ¾ pvc pipe.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    I would have preferred that it NOT be PVC, but since it is, 1" female adapters with 1x3/4" bushings should solve your problem.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Tom Sawyer

    Tom Sawyer In the Trades

    Nov 29, 2010
    A brass reducing coupling 1 x 3/4 You could use galvanized, it costs less but will eventually corrode on the inside.
Similar Threads: Tank Question
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Getting a tankless water heater installed, but have questions on piping size Mar 6, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Propane Line and Tank Question Oct 23, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Quick question about water softener. Brine tank is soapy. Is that normal? (with picture) Oct 18, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Septic tank and field questions - Looking at a home Mar 24, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Gasoline Storage tank question Feb 7, 2014

Share This Page