Sump pump dishcharge

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Jones

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've got a house north of Toronto close a big Lake. Real high water table. My sump pump runs all year long. Obviously more so during spring thaw and rains, but it will also kick in a few times a day in the winter.

The previous owner had the existing pump connected to sanitary drain. I found out from the neighbour (who did the work to connect to the drain) that they did it because the discharge to the street ditch (no storm sewers here) froze and flooded the basement.

I am prepping the house for sale, and decided to run a new discharge to the ditch, and installed with an air gap. Everything worked fine all winter. Problem is, I am getting ready to list for sale, and the pump goes off every 5-10 minute, and it is VERY loud at the air gap.

I have about a foot of vertical drop as it exits the house, would putting some sort of vent on that reduce the noise? It is absolutely annoying to me, I can't imagine how people will feel talking with a realtor on the the driveway with this thing going off.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jones

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks