Subdrive 150 get power surge fault

Users who are viewing this thread

James Chong

Reaction score
Hi.

A tree fell on my water tank and the housing that house the Subdrive 150. After fixing all the plumbing parts , reattached the Subdrive back into the housing. I powered it up. It will work . After a couple of hours, however. It was showing a solid red fault. In the manual it says it was a power surge. After letting power drained off the unit for a couple days. Fire it back up, it was the same scenario. I suspect my Subdrive unit was damaged during the tree fell episode. Any advice is welcome/suggestion is appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A tree falling on a Subdrive is an unusual way for it to fail. However, it is not unusual for a Subdrive to fail from many other reasons. Just like any other computer, there is not much you can fix if something happens to a Subdrive. I have heard from many people who have had to replace a Subdirve 3-4 times in 5-10 years. The problem is those things require a three phase motor, which kind of locks you into replacing the Subdrive as the only way to make it work. After about the third Subdrive purchased most people finally realize they would be better off to pull the pump, replace with a standard single phase motor and compatible pump using a simple mechanical Cycle Stop Valve to deliver the constant pressure like a Subdrive does.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks