Stubbed shower drain missing???

Users who are viewing this thread

Aurin79

Reaction score
I'm in the process of finishing my basement and framing out my "pre stubbed" bathroom. I pulled out the couple inches of foam board from where the builder told me the shower/tub drain was located when I bought the house 6 years ago. Under the 3in of foam there is nothing but concrete no drain end cap or anything. Am I missing something or did my builder screw me over and not actually stub for the shower?

20200607_173638.jpg
Looks like the toilet and sink drains are there and seems like a reasonable location for where the tub drain should be based on the dimensions of the upstairs bathrooms.

20200607_180339.jpg

Any help? I guess I don't understand if a drain is there why I'd have to chisel up concrete under 3 inches of foam board. Just don't want to go any further without some insight.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally box out for a drain below slab. I don't bother with a p-trap as the walls will determine center and those aren't in yet. Also with the concrete pour things can get kicked around. I would open the hole if that's their location and look deeper.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont really do homes with basements but rarely. I can tell you new home construction and plumbing is competitive and Not a lot of attention done for futures. Its a reality dont try to figure out why , start breaking concrete thats all. sorry for the extra work you gotta do

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks