Sticky Heating Manifold Valves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Arneson

Reaction score
i have a hydronic radiant in-floor heating system. It’s actually partially heated by solar but that’s probably not relevant here. Several zones are not heating although the electric actuators show ON. I believe I must have some sticky valves but can’t find any maintenance info on them. The brand is FAR and I gather that’s it’s european and obscure. Please note that I have some unused zones so I could potentially use one as a spare.

Here’s the whole manifold:
6A872820-981F-447D-9FEA-8952ED6D181B.jpeg

0E5B86E1-3BD3-468F-A319-21821E8ADFCA.jpeg
70E9C098-F3B7-45CE-AC4E-97F9CA64FA63.jpeg

The 2nd photo shows a zone working beautifully. The third photo shows a valve not working. The plunger is sticking out far less in this one.

Do I need to order new valve inserts or can they be cleaned and lubricated somehow? Do I need to drain the entire system to do this? Are there any big risks I need to know about? Thanks so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks