Sterling ensemble fiberglass shower unit valve location question.

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Nina in Florida, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Nina in Florida

Nina in Florida New Member

This is new construction and I provided a Moentrol shower valve/diverter combo unit (Moen 3330). The handshower would be mounted with a drop ell on the left side of the shower (blue pipe in photos). This is a 30" wide x 60" long shower unit.

This is a guest cottage on my property and I have been here the entire time the plumbers are working and made it abundantly clear I am available for all questions. I was not consulted on these location decisions.

This is what I found after they left for the day. ....see photos
    The side shower panel where the valve is located measures 24" wide.
    The back panel with the curved corner shelving section is approx 6" deep at the corners.
    The shower valve is currently mounted 8 inches in from the back on the 24" side panel.
    The drain in the shower pan is located per factory 12" inches in from the curb and another 12 inches to the back wall.
    The drop ell is only about 2 1/2" diameter and the handshower bracket is less than 2".

The drain, shower valve and shower head line up 'roughly' but look wrong to me, like the valve and shower head should be centered on the side panel, but I don't know what is normal for this shower install.

I really need some experienced opinions. Please help me.

showerC.jpg showerD.jpg ShowerE.jpg showerF.jpg

showerA.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Normally on a shower like that I center on the drain.

However, the valve can be anywhere you want it.

It does make sense to me though that the high shower head would center on the drain, as you are standing in the center of the shower most of the time. Like really all of the time I would think.

Looking at yours, it looks centered to the drain.
    edited Saturday.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement