Sound coming from inside shower stall wall

Users who are viewing this thread

TexasDIY

Reaction score
There is a noise coming from inside the shower stall wall, by the pipe that brings water up to shower head.

I can hear it easily, and when I place my ear against the tile, higher up towards the shower head, it soulds like its around that point.

No visible leaking.

It happens about once every 15-20 seconds and sounds like a large drop dropping, yet it also sounds like when you open the diverter to let the water flow out of pipe.

I really don't want to tear up wall to get to it and am wondering if anyone might have any thoughts.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
If you turn off the water where it comes into the house, and open a faucet to release the pressure, does the dripping sound stop?

TexasDIY

Reaction score
If you turn off the water where it comes into the house, and open a faucet to release the pressure, does the dripping sound stop?
Ooo, haven't tried that. Totally will know it's a leak then, if it stops. If it doesn't, back at square one!

Reach4

Reaction score
It could be the a/c if I hear it coming from the shower stall?
Depends on how the condensate is run.

You only have to ask that if the drip continues with the house water off.

TexasDIY

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the first step to take.
I *think* I found source: there's an outdoor spigot (on same wall as shower) that has a timer on it for garden...turned all water off (but not at street) and I could hear the intermittent noise clearly outside. Took off all attachments from spigot and water was leaking out!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks