Sloan parts needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
I need two Sloan F29A outlets (the part going from the bottom of the flushometer valve to the spud on the urinal). These parts are the old style without the vacuum breaker, just a flanged piece that reduces down to 3/4 for the top spud. They can vary in length from 6 to 10 inches, I can use any length. I tried all the local supply houses and no one stocks this anymore, it will be 3 weeks or so until they can get them in. Sloan will not sell the parts directly to me, you need a minimum order even as a suply house to get them to ship it. This is for a local volunteer fire department I am trying to help out, their rough in is too low for the vacuum breaker pipe that is now standard, even if it's cut off as short as possible. We're trying to avoid cutting into the old ceramic tile, we'll never be able to match it. Anyone out there have old stock they'd like to sell?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Put a 3/4" chrome elbow facing upward in place of the angle stop. Then a 3/4" chrome nipple with the relocated angle valve on top of it facing sideways. Then the flush valve will be high enough for the vacuum breaker and you will not need to do anything to the tile.

Garydaplummer

Reaction score
Perfect solution!

I never thought of that! That will work perfectly. I spent hours trying to find the parts I needed and struggled with the fact I wasn't going to be installing the vacuum breaker that I knew I should be. I should have posted here first. Thanks, guys, for all your help.

Garydaplummer

Reaction score
Success!

Thanks for your help, I installed the urinal flush valves using a 3/4 threaded 90 and a 3" nipple and it worked great. I just finished the job this evening. I appreciate you guys' advice and offers of old Sloan parts to help me out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks