Slab vent

Users who are viewing this thread

damadake

Reaction score
I"m attaching a rough sketch of the existing area (probably should have tried to do this to begin with).

This is the plan

. Move the water lines going down the shower wall to go down a new wall partition where the shower door exists today.
. Re-route the shower vent to run up the new wall partition
OR
. Move the vent (I'd like to have the vent run up the same new wall partition.
. Change out the 2# drain so a tub can be installed.

I'll probably hire out the job either way, but I'm looking to determine what options (correct and without future problems) for doing what needs to be done with the vent.

I really appreciate the input on my little project. Thanks so much! :)

Attachments

• oldbath.JPG
    oldbath.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

damadake

Reaction score
Something like this is what I'd like to end up with.

Attachments

• newbath.JPG
    newbath.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 238

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I dont' think you have enough room side-to-side for the toilet...code requires a minimum of 15" from the centerline, and that usually feels tight to most people. You have plenty in front, though.Can't help with the other points...

damadake

Reaction score
it's not really that close to the wall, though it is closer than I would like. I was using one of those online designer tools to get an idea of how the room would play out.

Thanks for your reply!

damadake

Reaction score
We have another idea on the tub. If we change the location of the tub to the back wall, then build a partition between the front and where the existing pipes are located, could we re-route only the drain from the tub to the existing shower drain location, leaving the vent in tact, or does this present other issues? See attached

Attachments

• Anothervariation.JPG
    Anothervariation.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 219
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks