Slab toilet rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
That geometry certainly works if you want to dry vent the WC. But you don't need to dry vent the WC, you can wet vent the WC via the lav if you connect it as discussed.

Either way, whatever you prefer.

Cheers, Wayne

Jfomtn

Reaction score
ok thank you all so much! if it was my house and not this garage I would hire a plumber lol

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you decide to wet vent it, post a picture here of the fittings you're going to use and their relative configuration, to be sure we've understood each other.

Cheers, Wayne

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your doing the way you have pictured here then do yourself a favor and use a 3x4 closet 90. Then you can run 4“ pipe up through the floor. Then just finish your floor around the pipe. After your floor is finished then you can use a door jamb cutter to cut the pipe off flush with the finished floor and insert a glued flange inside of the 4" pipe. This will let your flange sit perfectly on the finished floor.

Jfomtn

Reaction score
was planning to just run 3 inch up thru but I can do anything right now lol. advantage of 3 x4 or 4x3? is there 2 different closet 90 in size above? is it better to have flange in or outside PVC? or does it matter

Reach4

Reaction score
was planning to just run 3 inch up thru but I can do anything right now lol.advantage of 3 x4 or 4x3?is there 2 different closet 90 in size above?is it better to have flange in or outside pvc?or does it matter
While pondering that, there are also compression flanges, both inside and outside. There are Push-Tite flanges which go into 4 inch, while the 3 inch version would not be as good IMO. The advantage of those is they can be remove, unlike glue which mostly has to be done right the first time. It seems to me that an an inexperienced person could glue on a flange incorrectly, so the ability of an easy do over is an advantage to no-glue.

So if you were to later change out the flooring, it seems to me that a non-glued flange would be an advantage. One disadvantage is they cost more. Also, for the outside version, they need more clearance and maybe even non-circular cutouts.

Jfomtn

Reaction score
ok here a very large model of the plan.obviously when ready all cut down to size lol.front is the bottom part from the sink.sink will drain down san tee and vent up thru it.come down 1 1/2 inch pipe to street 45 1 1/2 that goes into 3 x3x 1 1/2 wye.3 inch main downstream with toilet 3 inch pipe coming into the 3 x3x3 wye that goes on outside.the toilet is a 4x3 closet elbow with 4 inch pipe up top with my 4 inch flange of choice (not pictured.

Attachments

• 20220503_194419.jpg
    20220503_194419.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 91

Jfomtn

Reaction score
ok here a very large model of the plan.obviously when ready all cut down to size lol.front is the bottom part from the sink.sink will drain down san tee and vent up thru it.come down 1 1/2 inch pipe to street 90 1 1/2 that goes into 3 x3x 1 1/2 wye.3 inch main downstream with toilet 3 inch pipe coming into the 3 x3x3 wye that goes on outside.the toilet is a 4x3 closet elbow with 4 inch pipe up top with my 4 inch flange of choice (not pictured

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good, assuming the elbow in the bottom right is a LT90 (can't tell from the picture).

How are you going to access that cleanout? Extend it the edge of the building, or turn it up to bring it to the top of slab?

Cheers, Wayne

Reach4

Reaction score
Note that you are not limited to the outline of the slab. You could join pipes in the yard. I am thinking of the toilet line. You could have a cleanout in the yard.

You are not limited to right angles. Horizontal 45 degree angles are usually preferable if you have the choice..

Jfomtn

Reaction score
yes it's a lt 90! thinking I'll have the cleanout just outside the garage after it exits before the sewage pump.?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was asking about the cleanout shown in your photo, it appears that it would be beneath the slab and hence useless. I.e. you mention the lav drain goes into a "3x3x1-1/2" wye, and it looks like a cleanout in the 3" inlet.

Cheers, Wayne

Jfomtn

Reaction score
yeah I had bought several stuff not thinking lol.still have the receipt.that could just be a longsweep 90 correct?or just keep that even though it will be beneath slab or could bring it out past this pool house room/bathroom/storage room for floats etc lol.might be in the way thou in the garage part

Reach4

Reaction score
A lot of places consider a toilet a cleanout, because you can lift the toilet off and rod from there. They seem to be bigger on cleanouts on the west coast.

So sewage pump? Not a downhill path to the septic tank? That pump will have its own pit.

In sewage pumps, some are grinder type. They will break big chunks into smaller pieces that don't need a 3 inch pipe.

Jfomtn

Reaction score
yeah was thinking toilet also.just being a garage and outside city limits .yes was looking at a zoelller .31 gallon.no house main is back up hill a little.so plan on routing from basin back around house to septic tank.looked original at a saniflo back under house.thus would all be under concrete once garage is finished so was afraid if something went wrong would just be a pain.also main house has a septic tank then water flows into another then gets pump uphill to field lines.where we built 15 years ago in a lower field didn't perk .the front park of my lot did but we wanted to build across this small creek in a old hayfield.anyways bavkto subject ,was reading the macerating grinds up to fine sludge that could spill over to the se ond tank with the pump.this could potentially get pumped into my field lines and stop up. so was going to just go with a regular non grinding sewage pump.any opinions on this?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't see why run all that 3 inch pipe if you aren't using that cleanout? perhaps all the way to outside building would make sense if using the cleanout. Also I'm not seeing 1-1/2" pipe looks like 2 inch which I would run anyway I just like the 2 inch been running 2 inch for everything but vents and trap arms since I started. But I see everything as workable looks good!

Reach4

Reaction score
yeah was thinking toilet also.just being a garage and outside city limits .yes was looking at a zoelller .31 gallon.
After looking around, I think my thought that a grinder pump might be considered was wrong. I now presume that a normal sewage pump is going to be able to deal with a 12 incher and shove it thru a 2 inch pipe.. https://www.supplyhouse.com/Sewage-Pumps-1426000

A septic pit needs a real vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks