Sizing supply line to separate service on duplex

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Thanks for looking..

I have a duplex that needs a re-pipe. The unit sits about 200 ft fom the meter with a 1" plastic service line connected to 1" copper that enters the building. Each unit is 1 1/2 bath with clothes washer.. a hose bib for an approx fix unit value of 13 each.. The units are plumbed together of course and I want to separate them and install submeters... no more free water wasting! The city says that pressure at the nearby hydrant is 63 psi..

what I am wondering is what the effect of taking the 1" line and splitting it into two 3/4 lines or is that ill advised. I believe there is 1" to 'T' where 3/4 soft copper goes under a slab into the garage where the Water heater sits and 3/4 return of the hot.. the fixtures are all supplied with 1/2".

my other question is computing the developed length.. with the line basically jogging into the garage and back again would I need to add this length to plus from the water heater to get my total developed length?

or should I be measuring the existing flow rate and pressure and trying to use those numbers?

If I include the extra distance to the farthest water heater the system appears inadequate based on the tables..

and yes I have a plumber coming out but knowledge is power.

thanks in advance to all informative replies

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks