Sink drain into floor drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

NickLo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I did not see a post about this and wanted to check how the best way (following code) to do this..

I wanted to install a sink for a wet bar in my basement. I have a floor drain that connects to a sump that is connected to my main septic tank. The floor drain also catches any water from my water heater, and hvac. What is the best way to connect the sink, catch the hvac/WH and properly vent this(assuming I need that too)?

I was planning on the sink being as close to this drain as possible on the other side of the framing in the pic.

Thanks for the help.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think I'd turn that into a mop sink. This receptor that you have fashioned is getting pretty crowded and is not really what I'd call a floor drain. Each fixture dumping into it needs an air gap of one pipe diameter. So a 2" sink drain needs to be two inches above the receptor. Kind of hard to do all of that with what you got.

NickLo

Reaction score
I think I'd turn that into a mop sink. This receptor that you have fashioned is getting pretty crowded and is not really what I'd call a floor drain. Each fixture dumping into it needs an air gap of one pipe diameter. So a 2" sink drain needs to be two inches above the receptor. Kind of hard to do all of that with what you got.
Thanks for the reply, but don’t need a mop sink. Already have one in the laundry room. I could make a tiered vertical drain line with an access cap on top and combine the drain lines to free up some space.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but don’t need a mop sink. Already have one in the laundry room. I could make a tiered vertical drain line with an access cap on top and combine the drain lines to free up some space.
The drains can't connect. So yeah you could it's just a silly look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks