Single to Double Sink Vanity (again)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by SAS, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ironnickwhite

ironnickwhite New Member

great. so new tee below the current tee, correct? so single vent with 2 tees, one for each lav. and AAV on both lavs between the trap and the vent tee? thanks a bunch.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The existing should have a vent, the second lav will need a vent added.

3. Gregkl

Gregkl New Member

Sales
    Old thread I know. I will learn how to search, start a thread and all that but happened to be reading this. I am plumbing two bathrooms with a common wall for the plumbing. Two lavs in one room and one in the other. Just to confirm, this picture is okay for venting purposes, correct? And for plumbing the sink in the other room, could/would I just tie my vent in above the vertical vent pipe shown in the picture and run a separate drain to tie in under the floor? Thanks.

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    The picture was not attached?

5. Gregkl

Gregkl New Member

Sales
    [​IMG]

Sorry about that. Still a noob! Reading my comments above, could I just Tee into this set up with my 3rd drain?

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    I do not see the "grounding wire",' but if there is one, it does NOT connect to the hot water piping, unless you want to replace your water heater sooner than you should have to. why would someone need a "third drain"?