Shut off saddle valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Pra Chek

Reaction score
I have a saddle valve used to connect from water line to RO. I am removing the RO, how can I safely disconnect the water connection(orange pipe) from saddle valve. I am trying to rotate the valve pin but can't seem to see water stopping.

Please see the picture attached and suggest what I am doing wrong.

Do I turn the valve towards right or left to shut off?

Full_View_Drain.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'd turn the handle clockwise, but, with those types of valves, over time, it may not actually seal anymore. If that's the case, you may be able to buy a cap for the outlet where the hose is now and cap it off.

Otherwise, you'd have to cut that section of pipe out after removing the saddle valve and replace it to seal the hole. Well, you may be able to take the valve off and clean things up, slide a repair coupling centered over the hole and solder it on...or, it appears you may have enough length to cut the existing two valves off, then install a new valve for your faucet on the end. You could use a compression fitting, so you'd only need to cut it off (hacksaw or tubing cutter) and a couple of wrenches.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks