Shower Valve installed too far forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Jinmalibu

Reaction score
Recently remodeled my bathroom. A new Kohler Rite Temp K-304 valve was installed. After the shower was tiled we discovered that the valve was installed too far forward so the escuctheon that fits over the valve will not fit flush against the wall, which is what the instructions call for. There is a gap of about 3/16" to a 1/4" and I believe the valve is a little twisted, however, I can't guarantee the wall is plumb as not much in this house is.

It is possible to access the valve from behind the wall. Is it possible to loosen up the valve and move it back so the escutcheon will seat against the wall?

k-304-r01.jpg

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....hler-rite-temp-bath-shower-valve-k-304.41581/

Last edited by a moderator:

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Cut a small hole in wall from behind and take a peek and a picture, depends on how your plumber installed and secured things.

I assume your kohler trim escucion threads on amd is timing out?? Can your plumber come back and fix it?

Wait for terry or hj see what the say....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
being too far forward almost always means the valve has to be repositioned, but which trim are you using, since some trim plates are thicker than others, and depending on its diameter, some manufacturers have auxiliary trim rings that fit behind it to add depth, and might fit your trim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks