Shower Riser Height for Handheld Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

terogers

Reaction score
I am installing a new Moentrol Valve that will supply a new tub spout and handheld shower (in lieu of a traditional shower head). The idea is that the handheld shower will attach to a wall bar that will have the ability to hold the handheld at a traditional height ~79". However, it will mostly be used to bathe my two daughters under 3yrs. I would like to set the nipple that the hand held attaches to at about 12" above the valve which would be about 12" above the tub spout/diverter. I stumbled across some forums that state that there is a minimum shower riser height to prevent flow from both the shower head and tub. I currently have the tub area down to the studs. Any advice is truly appreciated... Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
moentrol_instructions_2.jpg

Moen instructions mention 11" as the limit for the tub spout center to center, but not really a mention for the shower. If you have a handheld with five foot hose, that's quit a bit of restriction there. I don't see an issue with that.
The tub spout should be run in copper. :)
No PEX or CPVC :(

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Most handheld hoses have a natural bend or arc when then hang of 8"-10". Often the support of the handheld to the bar is offset 2"-4". Getting the measurements just right is easier with the hose onsite.

Let it swing a bit in the closet for a day or two. Then hold it up with the bend to see how it looks.

Check out this idea book of mine for more ideas.

"How to Place Shower Controls for Bathing Bliss"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks