Shower pan liners atached to concrete wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Engle

Reaction score
I have a shower remodel I am doing. Two of the walls are concrete foundation. How do I attach the pan liner too the walls? Do I fur out the walls with 2 by 4 ‘s or do I glue the liner to the concrete then red guard it?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is your substrate for the wall tiles, and how are you attaching it to the concrete foundation?

Cheers, Wayne

Paul Engle

Reaction score
What is your substrate for the wall tiles, and how are you attaching it to the concrete foundation?

Cheers, Wayne
I was going to use 1/2 inch concrete boards with the liner btw the wall and the board. Then tile the wonder board
So I guess by that logic I need to fur out the wall. Now that I think about it I guess I answered my own question
Thanks for the push.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can use Redguard as the required waterproofing for the concrete board, but it goes on the wall only if you have a PVC liner. With the PVC liner you need a preslope under the liner, then a constant thickness mudbed on top, no redguard on the top mudbed. And if you are going to embed the bottom edge of the concrete board in the upper mudbed, then you want to use a concrete-only board, not a cement fiber board like Hardibacker. And of course no penetrations of your PVC liner at a height lower than 2" above your finish curb, and proper glued curb corner patches.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks