Shower head to fixed ball attachment

Users who are viewing this thread

Harry Gamble

Reaction score
The shower arm and shower head are pictured below. This is a Moen. Is the fixed ball supposed to press into the white plastic part of the shower head? It doesn't seem to just pop in so I'm wondering how else could it attach? Is there a missing part?

Attachments

• IMG_4912.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_4913.jpg
    IMG_4913.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 358

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I can't tell from the picture, but is there a ring at the back side of that showerhead that can be unscrewed? My guess is that it gets turned, and then tightens down on the plastic fingers underneath, locking it to the ball. So, if you loosen it or are able to take it off, you should be able to slide the ring up over the ball, then push the plastic with the fingers over it, then screw the nut back on and the shower head, locking it in place.

Harry Gamble

Reaction score
I can't tell from the picture, but is there a ring at the back side of that showerhead that can be unscrewed? My guess is that it gets turned, and then tightens down on the plastic fingers underneath, locking it to the ball. So, if you loosen it or are able to take it off, you should be able to slide the ring up over the ball, then push the plastic with the fingers over it, then screw the nut back on and the shower head, locking it in place.
Thank you Jim that essentially was it, got it fixed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks