Shower Head in Corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Is it okay, or advisable to put shower head coming out of corner of neoangle shower I am building? I want to leave the valve and control on the wall where it is, to the left as you enter shower. Then route the pipe so the shower head comes out of the corner of shower. It would be the far corner you see as you enter shower. I didn't know if this would present problems with roominess, banging elbows on walls, or if technically okay. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I plumb for a 38" neo-angle shower pan,

I put the valve and the shower head at 14-1/2 from the rough corner.
This will be where you stand in the neo-angle.

Because of the angle, you don't really stand in the center.
If you were to stand in the center, and were to bend over to pick up a bar of soap, your behind would knock the door open.

And you had to ask.

Reaction score
hmmm...let me cite the dimensions(roughly) it will be. Still moving stuff around a little, but this should be pretty close. Doorless shower with 26" rough opening, that has 45 degree angle to adjoining walls. If you going left, 21" wall, 54" wall, 40" wall, 36" wall back to the other side of the opening. So my thought was, for less splashage, since doorless and even though we will be waterproofing floor, back corner, but again seems like that might be close quarters since in a corner. Maybe I should put it on 54 inch wall down towards the corner. Right now it's in the middle of 54" inch wall. I dunno just looking for thoughts on this. Thanks.

Sulconst2

Reaction score
always keep your back to the wall when bending over in a shower! :eek:

doof, maybe a nice heavy glass shower door with the geneva hinges. nice look in any bathroom. dealers sell certain sizes cheaper than custom. you could frame accordingly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I am leaning towards putting the shower head on the far wall, and the valve inside to the left as you enter shower. That way you can turn on the water to warm up without getting wet. Also, the shower head on far wall will not throw too much water out the doorway, and I should have adequate elbow room. What is best way to route pipes? Do I route them through the studs around the perimiter of the shower to reach the shower head, or go down the wall and underneath the pan and up? I have full access as I ripped out the floor with the old pan due to water damage. I didn't know I could post pictures here. I will.

Attachments

• shower head layout2.jpg
    shower head layout2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 904
  • new shower floor.jpg
    new shower floor.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 760
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks