Shower/angle stop rough in. Acceptable?

Users who are viewing this thread

David Cox

Reaction score
Hello members,

I'm in the middle of refurbishing the shower and toilet room in the house.
I enjoy doing the work myself, however I needed help with the plumbing phase of the project and I hired it out.
The plumbers completed the rough-in of shower valve and toilet angle stop. My question to the group. Is this an acceptable rough-in? I ask because I've only ever seen water supplies supported by wood blocking and never metal strapping. I want to be sure this is fine before I close up the walls.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

David

Attachments

• IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 149

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. But a few things that strike me as sub-standard are: 1) The SharkBite on the cold side. 2) The coupling on cold side. 3) The metal strapping touching the PEX. 4) Why does the cold side shoot of to the right and then come back? There is probably more than that but, like I said, I am not a plumber. If you went trough a company, I would send them the pictures/concerns and see what they say.

David Cox

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Here are a few more photos at different perspectives that might be of help. I'll send these along to the plumbing company as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 140
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks