Rough in shower valve (unique placement issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.T

Reaction score
On to the next item of the remodel saga. I'm completing the layout for the master bedroom/closet/bathroom. As you'll see from the rough print I created, If I center the shower valve, it would result in it being at the dead center of the intersecting wall between the bathroom and walk-in closet. My concern is if any service of the valve is needed it would have to be from the shower side. I have a little latitude to "narrow" the closet and move that wall a few inches, but it really won't result in the valve being fully accessible from the bathroom wall side if ever needed. The options as I see them:

1) Center the valve and stop fussing over it
2) Offset the valve closer to the shower door so that it is safely between a stud space (Not preferable from an aesthetic standpoint)
3) Narrow the closet a little by shifting the wall (I could only gain about 3 to 4" max in order to maintain the closet shelving layout. So one side of the valve would still be fully inaccessible from the back).

Am I missing an option? As always, any thoughts provided are very much appreciated. Thanks!

20220116_195900.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Frame the control wall with valve in center, as priority. In other words, studs are never centered where a valve would be.
Shower valves are only serviced from the shower side. I don't understand what the issue is.

Mr.T

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response guys. I'll proceed as planned and center the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks