Short pipe engaging toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Garrenton

Reaction score
I had a bathroom added to my new shop build. The contractor and concrete guy set a 3" pvc pipe straight into the concrete without any foam to account for the toilet flange. It is firmly fixed in place. I was not going to use a 3" internal fit flange for fear of clogging. So, first thing was drilling and chipping concrete away so a flange could be installed. The OD of the pipe was scored in the process. Afterwards, I measured for clearances but fubbed up by cutting the pipe short. It extends only about 3/4" into the flange. A ring of 3" pvc was driven into the flange to fill the gap then all was primed/cemented and set in place over the 3" pipe. I used additional cement to fill the gaps. The flange was secured with 1/4"-1 3/4" Tapcon screws. Before I install the toilet and add water does this sound secure and leakfree? I'd hate to chip out concrete to repair the pvc pipe but am willing to do so if imperative.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks