SharkBite washing machine nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Amurphy138

Reaction score
So I went the other day it's been a couple hundred bucks replacing all my Plumbing in my hot water heater and washing machine with SharkBite pieces in Flex every time I connect work machine hose to the SharkBite adapter it leaks I bought for new hoses free new shark bite pieces and every time the washing machine hose leaks how do I fix this

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sharkbites are push fittings. Are you sure that the fittings are pushed far enough onto the lines to seal?
Is it new pipe or old pipe you're working with? Pictures 800 pixels or less can be uploaded as attachments.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Pipe needs to round, square cut and deburred. Shark bite fitting depth chart.

JerryR

Reaction score
Not sure how to answer until you give better explanation.
What Sharkbite setup did you purchase for the washing machine? Was it a Shackbite outlet box like the one in this link? https://www.lowes.com/pd/SharkBite-...f23eeb6aa0f712565e558a97e99ecfde&gclsrc=3p.ds

where is the leak?
Ia it where the Shatkbite attaches to the PEX pipe?
Is it where the washing machine hose screws into the SharBite shut off valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks