shallow well pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

stanstolt

Reaction score
I have a 1/3 HP Johnson shallow well jet pump sold by Sears. I would like to know before I go to the trouble of hooking it up if it will fit my situation. I will be pulling water up a 3/4 inch pipe approx 25 feet vertically from the sand point type well. Then with the pump I plan on pushing the water up the hill 175 ft. to the cabin, which is an additional 25 ft. elevation. Will this be possible?

stanstolt

Reaction score
Shallow well pump capacity

I used a 3/4 in. PVC pipe on the inside of the galvanized pipe because the original well is getting air somewhere in one of the joined coupling areas. Now I can't get the 3/4 in. PVC pipe to go down past the old galvanized pipes first coupling at 8ft. down. The PVC coupling is catching on the area of galvanized pipe where the 8 ft. sections were joined and refuses to drop any further. What do I do? I don't havethe equipment to pull the old pipe and I would like to make the 3/4 in. pvc work.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If in fact the pvc is hanging up,buy 20 foot lengths that have a smoother transition.Or use black..Upper

Speedbump

Reaction score
You do know if you get this to work, your going to have a mild trickle at the other end if your lucky. Nothing more.