Shallow well, Plumbing Directly to Casing

Users who are viewing this thread

Dixon

Reaction score
What are the pros/cons of pumping from the 2" casing directly? (I already did this three years ago)
My well depth is 26', the static level 13', and was drilled in 1989. PVC casing. The well is for domestic use and requirements are both potable and lawn irrigation. The well has produced since 1989.
Three years ago I plumbed directly to the casing, eliminating the drop pipe and foot valve. Reduced to 1 1/4" above ground, installed a vertcal check, 90°, then a 14" run to the 1hp pump. Did this with the blessing of a well man, and a personal gamble that it would work. So far so good.
Why change back?

Last edited:

Dixon

Reaction score
Thanks Valveman, I value your input. I want to purchase a second pump for backup and am considering less hp. Would pumping directly from the 2" casing be a consideration when sizing the pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks