SHALLOW WELL FOOT VALVE

Users who are viewing this thread

ih784

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve watched this forum for a while. Now, I need some advice. I have a well pump that SLOWLY drops pressure. Cycling maybe once an hour with no leaks. (I shut the water coming into the house off). I think it’s either a bad foot valve or a pressure tank. Has anyone ever replaced a foot valve on a newer well (2011)? I don’t have a 6-8” pipe coming out of the ground. Just a piece of PVC that comes out and makes a loop then runs to the house. ANY advice is appreciated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
You may may not have one. There would be a well casing and the pipe from the pump would be inside of the casing. Is there a check valve between the well pipe and pump? Another possibility is the casing is capped off below grade and the PVC pipe is inside of it, like a drinking straw.

1524s.jpg

ih784

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was below grade. Thank you for your reply. I wonder in what instance I would not have a foot valve? I suppose in a well that’s driven and not drilled? Are these common on residential wells(sand point)?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sandpoint wells are often piped directly to the casing and have no foot valve. Instead, they have a check valve somewhere inline.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks